Archive for January 17th, 2011

17th January
2011
written by admin

Last week Duoc and I made a bet on the outcome of the Seahawks/Bears NFC Divisional playoff game. If the Bears won, Duoc would bring in donuts (particularly a sprinkled one for me). If the Seahawks won, I would have not only had to bring in donuts (a maple bar for Duoc) but I would have also had to wear a Seahawks jersey!!

Well, needless to say, I won. :) And here is my victory donut! I brought my camera into work today just for this event. I tried to make the aperture smaller to get more of the donut in focus, but my camera did not want cooperate. I am excited however that I didn’t need a ridiculously high ISO for this picture. I’m getting tired of taking pictures at night with high ISOs and small fstops to keep the shutter speed high enough. Maybe I could have raised the ISO a little though, that way I could have raised the fstop to 2 or 3 and still gotten a decent shutter speed and gotten the whole donut in focus.

Also, posting a link to the brownicalypse because everyone should know that this exists. It’s made of chocolate, espresso, caramel, and bacon! And it was delicious. :)

Tags:
17th January
2011
written by admin

When I first got Wrigley, he would sleep in his crate, in the living room. However, lately I’ve been trying to get him used to sleeping in my room. To do this, I’ve been moving his crate back and forth – living room during the day, my room at night. That was quickly getting annoying so I tried just putting a fleece on the ground, but Wrigley didn’t seem very comfy on it. So I decided to make a dog bed! I went to JoAnn Fabrics; bought high density foam, fleece fabric, and cotton lining fabric. The high density foam seemed perfect for a 15 pound dog. I would have needed a lot of he medium density to create a decent bed.

The first step was to take the foam and create the sides and back of the bed. All I did was take a pair of scissors to them. I wasn’t worried about making perfect cuts since it was going to be covered in the cotton and the fleece anyway. I tried gluing the foam together but that wasn’t working too well so I actually ended up using tape to help out as well. Then I took the cotton lining along with the glue and covered the foam. On the bottom of the bed, I stapled the fabric to itself to keep it from moving. Then I repeated the process with the fleece.

And the results are… one comfy puppy! I used the extra fleece as a blanket on the bed so Wrigley could paw at it and get it into a comfortable position.

Tags:
  • You are currently browsing the counting from zero… blog archives for the day Monday, January 17th, 2011.